I want to highlight one small thing:
Tailor your CV to meet the requirements of the position.
More info here:
The sections in a CV could be like this
Personal and contact information
- On all the pages
- use the heater or the footer
- Refer to your skills and education and the kind of company or industry you would like to be part of
- Write the year with the month
- Translate the grade into the standards of the new country
- What you have learn.
- What is specific about your education
- what are you qualifications as an engineer
- Avoid abbreviations
- Describe the assignments
- What did you do?
- What was the result?
- What qualities did you use?
- What did you learn?
- All them in 3 or 4 lines
- Describe the write level and the read level separately
- Operation System
- Programming skills
- Literary, write "Available up on request"
- You don´t have to write exactly the name either the contact information of the references.